2023-2024 Pre-Kinder Registration Information
New Student Enrollment: Opens August 3, 2023
Pre-Kinder for 4-year-olds (age 4 by Sept. 1, 2023)
2 Steps to Register (Beginning August 3rd)
Step 1: Complete enrollment process online through Ascender Parent Portal
- Go to this link to access Ascender, registration links will open August 3rd.
Step 2: Call Lone Star ECC at 830-627-6820 to make an appointment
Call to come turn in the required forms and documents (see the “What to Bring” section below). Please bring the required documents listed below
- Parent Identification
- Government-issued Birth Certificate of Child (Kindergarteners must be age 5 as of September 1, 2023)
- Child’s Social Security Card, if available
- Immunization Record (must be up-to-date)
- Proof of Residency (current water, gas, electric bill, or lease agreement)
For students that qualify under the State Pre-K Guidelines only:
One of the following for Proof of Income
- Current Pay Stub
- Tax Return
- Employer Letter
- Verification of Medical Insurance
New Braunfels ISD children, who will be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2023, AND meet state and federal Pre-kindergarten eligible requirements may register. NBISD also has tuition spots available in the 4-year-old program. Once a student is enrolled in Pre-K, school attendance is mandatory. This is not a drop-in or day care program.
To meet eligibility for Pre-Kindergarten, a student must qualify for at least ONE (1) of the following criteria or pay tuition:
- Child is unable to speak and comprehend the English Language.
- Child is homeless.
- Child is economically disadvantaged (Income based).
- Child has a parent serving on active duty in the armed forces, including a child of a member injured or killed on active duty.
- Child is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS).
- Child has a parent who is eligible for the Star of Texas Award.